Lecture 1: What are the basics of ship chartering?
Ever wondered What are the Basics of Ship Chartering? How does the whole commercial shipping industry operate?
In this video we'll try to answer the following questions:
- (1:27) Who are the players in chartering?
- (1:40) Who is a shipowner?
- (2:08) Who is a charter?
- (2:43) Who is a shipbroker?
- (3:24) What is Ship Broker Job description?
- (5:08) What are the different types of brokers?
- (5:48) What are different types of cargoes carried on ship?
- (6:38) What are different general bulk carrier Sizes?
- Handysize, Handymax, Supramax, Panamax, Post-Panamax, Capesize, VLOC
- (7:58) What are the different Tanker Sizes?
- General Purpose, Medium range, Long Range 1, Aframax, Long range2, VLCC, ULCC
- (8:57) What are the different cost components in shipping?
- (9:36) Capital Costs (Cost of Capital – CoC),
- (9:47) Operating Expenses (OPEX),
- (11:30) Periodic cost,
- (12:25) Voyage cost,
- (14:06) Cargo Handling cost
- (15:03) What are the different type of chartering?
- (15:25) Voyage Charter,
- (17:02) Time Charter,
- (18:19) Trip time Charter,
- (19:05) Bareboat Charter,
- (22:03) Consecutive voyages,
- (22:39) Contract of Affreightment
- (22:01) What are the different cost component between Voyage, Time and Bareboat charter?