Lecture 7: Time Allowed For Cargo Operations - Laytime Part 1
Lecture 7: Ever wondered what is Laytime? (Time Allowed For Cargo Operations). What are the different types of Laytime?. When does it Commence?. What are the Interruptions?
In this video we'll try to answer the following questions:
- (1:50) What is laytime?
- (4:19) How laytime is calculated?
- (5:40) What is the Statement of Facts (SOF)?
- (10:03) How Laytime is subdivided in?
- (10:14) Definite laytime,
- (10:31) calculable laytime,
- (10:51) indefinite laytime.
- (11:44) What is dead freight?
- (13:30) When does the laytime commence?
- (13:54) Arrival
- (14:32) Readiness
- (15:14) Contractual commitments
- (15:36) Charterparty terms
- (16:20) Congestion, shifting, turn time and arrival
- (17:27) What are the interruptions in laytime?
- weekends and holidays
- Shifting between berths
- Bad weather
- (19:36) What are demurrage and despatch?